Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Are You Swaggin?

Search & Win

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Loving via Prayer - Day 16

What an adventure this prayer challenge is so far. I'm seeing so much more clearly how I can help my husband opposed to my natural bent which is to harm him. Yes, my sin is not in isolation. It can have a negative affect on my husband (and others!).

If you don't normally make time to read through and consider the Scripture associated with each day, can I encourage you to check it out (see below!)? The verses today really were helpful in reminding me WHY I'm doing this challenge. My goal is not to have a perfect husband who does everything how I want (for that would be impossible and certainly would not help me grow closer to Christ!). My goal to bring God honor by pleasing Him in all things, especially my role of WIFE to the man He has so kindly granted me the privilege to be married to... till death do us part.

So, start praying!

Day 16

Pray that your husband will choose healthy, God-honoring activities.

Pray that he will not live in bondage to any questionable habits or hobbies, but that he will experience freedom in holiness as he yields to the Spirit’s control.


Scripture to read and pray through:

1 Corinthians 6:12, 10:31

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.


2 Timothy 2:4

No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.

No comments:

Post a Comment