Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Are You Swaggin?

Search & Win

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Endurance and Enjoyment

Each year I ask the Lord to direct me to a word or words or phrase to help me in my walk with Him.  As is His perfect character, He never fails to give me just what I need!


My words for 2011 are ENDURE and ENJOY.  While it is probably pretty corny to most (my hubby laughs every year when I share my words), I hold tight to my words knowing they are His words to me.


And because I believe in the total inerrancy of Scripture, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is something I cling to in my (many!) times of need.  It states the following: 



"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

So, today, I am running to the book of James that gives weight to my words for 2011.  As I've been (slowly) working on memorizing the book of James, I am getting fresh faith to "count it ALL joy" and to "remain steadfast when under trial" and "to bridle my tongue" as I deal with the lot for today.

Today I have already had dirty diapers to change, mouths to feed, dishes stacking, children to correct and train, Scripture to review, laundry to continue, a baby to nurse, and then... the HEAT which has me seeing how much I need my God and how thankful that He is near to me.

My heat?  Vomit.  Yes, and I LOATHE vomit.  The smell is horrible but cleaning it up has got to be the most undesirable chore to me.  But, I will endure and... dare I say, enjoy it.  All because He told me to count it as joy for He will use it for my good.

What are you joyfully enduring today?

No comments:

Post a Comment