Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Papa-son and Mama-cita's Kiddos

Are You Swaggin?

Search & Win

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Loving via Prayer - 2 Days Left?

How'd you do with the Prayer Challenge?  I hate to admit it, but I didn't do as well as I had hoped.  (For the full list, do go to Revive Our Hearts for your own copy of this excellent resource!)


The good thing is ANY time investment in praying for my man is always valuable, God-honoring, and high-yielding.  It is valuable because God always blesses my time in prayer and there is nothing more valuable than MORE time with Jesus. It is always God-honoring because I show my dependence on Him.  It is high-yielding because I see more of what God has been doing in my man and in my heart as more of my sin is exposed.  So, there is no need for me to feel like I failed, eh?


And though the time is just about over, there are still two days we have to end well.  Shall we begin?


Day 30

Pray that your husband will serve God and others with pure motives.
Pray that he will obey the Lord from his heart, and glorify Him in everything.




Scripture to consider:

1 Cor. 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

John 7:17-18 
If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.





Day 31
Pray that your husband will recognize the lies of the Enemy in his life. 
Pray that his attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as he brings his thoughts into captivity to the Word of God.  





Scripture to consider:

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,



No comments:

Post a Comment